Sunday, March 20, 2016

Weekly Review 03.20.16



Hello my loves! It's been a long, long while since I've made a Weekly Review post and now that it's the end of Spring Break, I'm pretty sure this will be the only time I have for like... a month haha. It's been a pretty hectic semester, I'll have to admit. I both did and didn't know what I was getting myself into and next year I'll definitely try and plan better (but I'm still going to try and take all my classes ASAP). 

In Life:

I've been really just going to class, trying to do my assignments, wind down, and go to sleep in a timely manner. I have to wake up at around 6 AM every morning so that I can make it to school on time because I take the bus and that in itself takes about an hour. It sucks. BUT! I'm getting a car so hopefully I'll get to start driving. 

yeah... I um... 

I don't have a license (yet).

One big accomplishment I have done is I've gotten a lot of my room clean. You guys don't know because I hardly want to show it, but my room is a disaster. I've just let things pile on top of each other and trash is just all over the floor. It's.. it's a hot mess. But over the course of a few days, I got some good work in and I cleaned a lot of it! Granted, I still need to organize and probably give away/box up a lot of my things because I have too many things and my room is tiny. It's not a broom closet, but it's pretty small. I can hardly fit all of my clothes in one place (which is why they usually just end up in a heap somewhere).

I also got a Cricut Explorer One! It was on clearance at where I work so I got it for about $90 with my sweet employee discount hahaha. I'm not too sure what I'm really going to do with it, but I'm planning on getting way more crafty because I really miss it haha. I might actually try to start a little DIY segment here whee.

And finally, I applied for a study abroad program at Cal State Long Beach. I applied to go to Taiwan from June to July over the summer! I'm really excited and I really hope I get accepted. I've been wanting to travel abroad for so long and if I'm learning, I'm even happier. If I could live my life as a scholar I would. I'm probably going to await the yes or no for a while. I'm so nervous! 

In Books:


Ugh I don't know how I feel about this! I was really on board with it early on and I really liked the characters, but now I'm just really wanting it to be over. It feels like this story is just dragging on. I'm really trying to give contemporaries a try guys, but I think it's just not my thing! I think it's just something I like sometimes! I'm on Part Two and when I checked on my Kindle I was like "Oh okay we only have two more chapters left?" and then I saw Part Three and Four and I was like NO. I really don't want to DNF this guys, but it's so tempting.


I haven't been able to read this book because of Multiple Listings. ML is an ARC and I would like to get that finished and reviewed first, but this book is a lot more my speed. It's so funny and just the writing style is so different but just really fun to read. I love the narrative and the characters and just everything about this guys. I can't wait to get back to this book. I think I'm a lot further in the book than it says on GR. I just haven't been very good at keeping it up.

I also created a new Instagram for my blog. I felt like my personal Instagram wasn't the right place to have my bookish things, so I moved it. Follow me @thewordsoffthepage! 

ICYMI:

Who Runs the World? (Girls) • Get Offa That Slump!
My First Book Depository Experience
An Ode to the Leviathan Trilogy • Get Offa That Slump!
Take it From a Korean
Let's Get to Know Victoria and Kit • Beautiful People

I wanted to thank everyone for the support I got from my "Take it From a Korean" post. I was ready for some heavy backlash, but all I've gotten so far is support. This is really important to me so I'm grateful for everyone that posted!

How was your week?