Sunday, February 28, 2016

Weekly Review 2.28.16

Hello lovelies! I've been so busy with school and real life that I haven't been able to just sit down and write posts. I hardly have enough time to do my homework on time -sigh-. However, I wanted to post a weekly review since I haven't in such a long time.

In the Life

Still juggling a job and school. I actually picked up a second job closer to home and I'm going to test it out, see if I like it better than where I'm working (I'm mostly sure I'm going to like it better, but you never know). This is going to hit really hard on me because I'm going to have to juggle two jobs, school, and the blog together. Not to mention all of my cosplay that I want to do over the summer! 

I got my first test back in my Chinese class and I've come to the harrowing conclusion that I need HEAVY work on my Hanzi (the Chinese characters). I didn't realize how bad I was until the test came around. It really knocked my grade down to a B. I'm working on it though. It's just remembering the characters are harder than remembering the conversations. 

I get to direct my first scene very soon! I'm really excited! I'll be directing a scene from The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. It's one of my favorite plays and it's actually the very first scene I did in theatre so it has a very special place in my heart. The scene I'll be directing will be the first scene between Algernon and Cecily. If you know the play, then you know what's going down. An easy breakdown is that Cecily thinks that she's engaged to Algernon, but Algernon is unaware of this because Jack pretended to be Algernon. Ah I love this scene so much, I can't wait to get started!

In the Blog

I haven't posted a lot. I'm sorry! However, be prepared for a haul coming up. I browsed the book section at my local Salvation Army and I have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed with what I found. I'm really excited to start these books. I also bought a book on Book Depository (my first purchase from them actually) and so I'm going to have a quick little review about my experience on there. I'm still waiting for my package to arrive however. Shipping from their warehouse to the US said 5-8 days so I should be getting it within the week. 

I have been cracking down on my blog organization to help me bring new posts to you guys a lot faster than I have been (and more consistently). I have a folder on my Google Drive for all things related to this blog and I've started a new doc about discussion posts and just posts in general of what I want to post on this blog. I always have these post ideas popping into my head, but then I don't write them down and I forget. It sucks! So now that I have this, I'm hoping to put in some more discussion posts. 

I've also lost track of where I am with the challenges I've signed up for this year. I know I'm a little behind on Flight of Fantasy and the Retelling challenge so I need to start working towards that. 

ICYMI

Even though I haven't been posting too much, I did post some things this month. So instead of what I posted this week, I'll put down what I posted this month. 

What did I post:


How was your week?
If you're a blogger, what's your favorite post you put up this week?