Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Favorites!

Wow happy New Year's Eve everybody! It's been a full, but really quick year for me. I did a lot of things and I'm glad I did. It makes me feel productive lol! I have so much to talk about so let's go!


I think I started this blog last year right before the new year started and I'll be honest, I haven't grown as much as I would've liked with this blog. I wanted to be really active in the community and in the blog in general so that I could have some place to talk about my bookish ideas and reviews! However, in my personal life things have been really busy aa.

Let's just keep it simple:


Books

I've only read about... 10 books this year? It's really dismal to some people's year where they read books in the hundreds, but I'll have to be honest, I get so busy that I hardly have any time to do anything else other than school, shows, and work! However I'll list my personal favorites that have been on the blog (or maybe not sorry Scarlet and Cress!).

Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Mass

I actually met Sarah J. Mass right when Throne of Glass was just published before it turned into something so big and now I feel really stupid for not getting in the hype before! This series has come such a way with just the three books that I've read and I can't wait to continue on this journey. This type of stuff just sucks me in.






I started Cinder after wanted to read for forever (but you know, money) and finally when I did, I just binged. So. Hard. Cress is probably my favorite out of the three that I've read, just because I love Cress and Thorne so much. I know everyone loves Cinder and Kai but Cress and Thorne guys. C'mon. I'm planning on picking up Winter soon!





Emmy and Oliver by Robin Renway

This book came out of left field for me. I heard about this book for a while and I didn't know how I would like it since I don't really have a good track record for contemporary romances. BUT wow. I really loved this book. The writing was so smooth and casual and I didn't get a hint that the author was trying to sound like a teenager (does that make sense?). It was such a great ride and it brought up some really good points that were entirely in character. I recommend this book to people who are like me and are wary of contemporary romances!


Geisha, A Life by Mineko Iwasaki

I really love biographies because I really love the story of people. So when I read this, I was not disappointed. This book gave me such an insight to a normally closed off and private culture. It makes me want to go to Kyoto myself (which I will do some time in my life). Mineko is a very smart woman and a pretty damn good writer as well. She tells the story in a very objective way while also speaking of her thoughts. 




Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley

This book is kind of on the last of my favorite list, but I still really enjoyed it. I love the world that was created and I want to know more of it and I want to just jump right into it again. This is supposed to be a series I think so I hope we as the readers get to go back into the world of Magonia again!






 Music

I'm a huge lover of music and though some of the stuff I list might be outdated, I discovered it here in 2015. Here's a 2015 playlist of the songs I loved this year!




That's really it for me guys. I would do a movie and show section, but I hardly got to do any of that this year! Hopefully next year will be more haha.

What are your favorites of 2015?