Tuesday, February 10, 2015

January Book Haul!


Here it is, my first haul post on this book blog! Huzzah!



So let's start off with the books that are in the picture. Starting from the left:

Title: Crossing the Tracks
Author: Barbara Stuber
Published: July 6, 2010 by McElderry Books
Goodreads

Impression: I'm really intrigued by the blurb I read on Book Outlet and though I haven't read a lot of contemporary because I tend to not like what I find, I'm willing to give this a try.






Title: In the House of the Wicked
Author: Thomas E. Sniegoski
Published: August 7, 2012 by ROC

Impression: Well, I just found out that this is a fifth in a series, so I'm a bit disappointed in that. This was a freebie that Book Outlet threw into the mix and I was surprised to find it in the box. Though I thought the blurb was interesting, I'm a bit hesitant to start in the middle of a series rather than the beginning of it and in the fifth book nonetheless...




Title: The Weight of Water
Author: Sarah Crossan
Published: January 5, 2012 by Bloomsbury

Impression: I really like stories of people. Even though I don't like to read a lot of contemporary YA, I really, really enjoy stories from people about people. I guess I'm kind of a nosy person, but I really love knowing the lives of others and not for some gossipy reason. It's just fascinating to know how someone else is living their life the same time you are living yours, so of course I had to pick up this book. This book is about a girl who immigrates to England and her struggles as she tries to fit there. The only thing that might put me off is poetry, but that's usually because I'm not used to reading poetry.


Title: Of Beast and Beauty
Author: Stacey Jay
Published: July 23, 2013 by Delacorte Press

Impression: I love, love, loved the synopsis for this story and I hope the actual book upholds. The premise is interesting and the title has "Beast and Beauty" and what do I think? You guessed it, Beauty and the Beast. I was Belle in fourth grade for the show at my elementary school. That story will forever have a special place in my heart, so I hope this does too.



Title: Shadow and Bone
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Published: June 5, 2012

Impression: I've heard so many good things about this series and I remember being really intrigued by the cover. I can't wait to crack it open and see how I like it. 


Title: Reboot
Author: Amy Tintera
Published: May 7, 2013 by HarperTeen

Impression: I remember hearing this story from the author and I was really intrigued by it. Not really alive, but also not dead. So you're an undead! The premise seems interesting, but I'll have to wait and see until I read the book. 






Title: The Unnaturalists
Author: Tiffany Trent
Published: August 14, 2012 by Simon and Schuster 

Impression: I love steampunk and what spawns from it. The clothing, the community, the creativity. It's amazing, really and I hope to cosplay something steampunk in the future. That's the reason why I'm excited to read this book, though the low rating on Goodreads scares me a bit. Nonetheless, I'll give it a try and I'll see how I like it!




Now to the books that weren't in the picture, the ebooks I purchased this month:

Title: Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Published: February 5, 2013

Impression: Well, I already finished this book this past week and I was completely in love with it. There were a few things I didn't really like about the romance between Scarlet and Wolf, but they both acknowledge the part I didn't like about the romance so I'm not so miffed about it anymore. The Lunar Chronicles is easily becoming one of my favorite series so far.




Title: Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3)
Author: Marissa Meyer 
Published: February 4, 2014

Impression: Of course while I'm on a roll, I started on Cress almost immediately after I finished Scarlet since they were both ebooks and I happened to have them in my library. So far I'm enjoying how this series is coming along!





Did you get any new books this past month? Have you read and liked/not liked the books I've purchased?