Sunday, July 24, 2016

In the Life (and Blog) | Weekly Post


Wow. I haven't written one of these in a long while--BUT I've written enough posts lately that I felt the need to compile them in one. 

My life has been quite the adventure lately. As some of you may know, I'm in Taiwan studying and having fun (mostly having fun I think). I've had more alcohol than I've had back home in the States and I've gone clubbing not once, but twice! Now I haven't been partying the entire time. The classes are extremely fast paced and it's been a real challenge trying to keep up with them. Other than that, I've been trying to get as much as Taipei as I can before going back. Even though I've been here a month, I feel like I've hardly scratched the surface of this place. The weather is definitely killer sometimes (we had a typhoon the first weekend here!) but I've really liked the atmosphere of Taiwan. 
The whole place is full of nature and amazing sights. I definitely want to come back to Taiwan.

I'm preparing to get back to the States. I fly back on Thursday and while I'm sad to be leaving this place I'm glad to be going back. I miss my kittens dearly and I think I miss the dry heat. The humidity has been a huge obstacle. I'll go into further detail in a different post about my time in Taiwan.

Throughout this trip I've read a handful of novels. Probably the most I have in a long while. I didn't start reading again until a couple of weeks ago after I got more settled in Taiwan.

The books I've read and their reviews:
Dream Thieves (review coming this week!)

Along with book reviews, I got more inspired to write discussion posts and life posts since they're my favorite to read and write. So here are the posts I got to post since I've been in Taiwan if you missed them:


I've started getting a bit more organized with this blog. I'm still trying to figure it out, but it's felt a lot better when I've written out lists of what posts I want to write/what I want to read. I'm also greatly considering moving my blog over to Wordpress. I know I said this a while ago, but I've thought about it more recently. So just watch out if posts start moving or what not.

How was your week?